General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension Inactive- ABS/DSC Message Reading

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Air Suspension Inactive- ABS/DSC Message Reading

Greetings to all. I have a 2004 Range Rover HSE and last night while I was driving on the freeway, a message on my indicator board popped up and displayed, "Air Suspension Inactive, as well as the DSC symbol with the Pyramid/Circular Arrow around it came up. My ABS and BRAKE indicators were also displaying. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how can I fix it, or is it something I should worry about?

This morning, the symbols that were on my display panel went away, but when I pressed my vehicles suspension button, the vehicle lowered and the entire front area of it, simply lowered all the way down. I also heard what appeared to sound like air leaking out from the front left hand side area of the tire/air bag area. I know it wasn't the tire leaking air, sounded more like an airbag. The vehicle eventually adjusted to normal height once again. I've checked all fuses pertaining to ABS, DSC, BRAKES, but all seem to be okay.

If anyone can possibly help me out or provide me with some good advise, I would really appreciate it. Thanks once again Fernando.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm leaning towards a height sensor problem or a leak. When was the last time you replaced those air bags and how often does it do this? I wish I could give more advice, but my experience on the L322 is limited. Here is a link that gives some information on the system: http://rangerovers.net/repairdetails...monfaults.html

Last edited by LRScott; 12-21-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:22 AM
Drifting
Thumbs up

Well, I purchased the vehicle with 70k on it and I have not replaced the air bags. Trucks at 93k now and this incident just occurrd for the first time last night.

I notice it only does it once I increase speeds on my vehicle, primarily after I get off the freeway. Vehicle goes into freeway mode and upon reaching a complete stop once I'm off the freeway, the front left hand area seems to be a bit off balanced compared to the front ight had side. I have a feeling it is going to be my L Airbag which is malfunctioning. Thanks for the advise.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by NhudeST
Greetings to all. I have a 2004 Range Rover HSE and last night while I was driving on the freeway, a message on my indicator board popped up and displayed, "Air Suspension Inactive, as well as the DSC symbol with the Pyramid/Circular Arrow around it came up. My ABS and BRAKE indicators were also displaying. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how can I fix it, or is it something I should worry about?

This morning, the symbols that were on my display panel went away, but when I pressed my vehicles suspension button, the vehicle lowered and the entire front area of it, simply lowered all the way down. I also heard what appeared to sound like air leaking out from the front left hand side area of the tire/air bag area. I know it wasn't the tire leaking air, sounded more like an airbag. The vehicle eventually adjusted to normal height once again. I've checked all fuses pertaining to ABS, DSC, BRAKES, but all seem to be okay.

If anyone can possibly help me out or provide me with some good advise, I would really appreciate it. Thanks once again Fernando.
I have a 2003 and the exact same thing as you described in your posts from 2009 happened to me over this weekend. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

Old 03-14-2011, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear

Hey I`m an owner of an Range Rover Sport 2006 mod, Yellow lamp for Dynamic Response (Roll) lightning. What could be the problem.

Viking Norway

Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
2nd Gear

I`m owner of an Range Rover Sport 2006 mod , the airbag light is on in dashboard.
What can I do by myself to try to find out where the failure is?

Viking Norway