Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clock Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clock Light

Please help! My light for the clock doesn’t light up. I mean the green color (background color) does not display. I can see the time fine during the day time, but not at night. All other lights work, but this one. Is this something I can fix or I having to seek for professional? I have a 02 Disco II. It bugs me that I don’t know what time it is and I do a lot of night time driving.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Clock Light

HAHAHAHAHA.......yeah have fun getting the clock assembly out! Seriously though, it is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a huge pain the ***, to get like three screw drivers just right to wiggle the damn thing out. It took me 2 days and a total of 3 hours to get it out of my D1. That was 6 months ago. I still have not made it to the dealer to get the bulb (you COULD use any bulb and soder it the bulb carrier assembly, but I broke my solder points on the bulb 'carrier'...) and I do not want to go through the hassle of gettin it out again, so it has been hanging out of my dash.

I have an aftermarket cd player that is my illuminated clock now, can you not get time on the stock radio?

If you have the time, you can try to get the thing out yourself, but it is not easy, and plastic tabs=easy to break, so if you have the money, take it to the dealer and pay their crappy prices, but at least if it breaks on removal its there fault...good luck? I wasnt much help I suppose...

Old 04-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Overlanding

The good news first. This is one of the easyer things to do on a LR My rover is a is a 1995 but I think the clock is the same. First you take out the switch panel below the clock.It just pulls out with gentle presure, you remove the ash tray, then the drink tray, it has 6 screws. then the clock is ready to come out.It may require a bit more presure than the other bits but it sould come out at this stage. you will fine the bulb at the back of the clock it is a wee plastic thinga with a small glass bulb it is very small and all one piece. If you are not near a LR dealer Volvo have them in some of there motors. Now I have read some where that you can remove the Clock with two credit cards, and it looks like it should be able to when you have it in your hand, it is worth a try but it did not work for me. Be careful with the drink tray it has 2 small plastic gears and you would not want to loose them.
Good luck Dennis O there is no bad news

Old 04-06-2006, 11:18 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: irishrover110

The good news first. This is one of the easyer things to do on a LR My rover is a is a 1995 but I think the clock is the same. First you take out the switch panel below the clock.It just pulls out with gentle presure, you remove the ash tray, then the drink tray, it has 6 screws. then the clock is ready to come out.It may require a bit more presure than the other bits but it sould come out at this stage. you will fine the bulb at the back of the clock it is a wee plastic thinga with a small glass bulb it is very small and all one piece. If you are not near a LR dealer Volvo have them in some of there motors. Now I have read some where that you can remove the Clock with two credit cards, and it looks like it should be able to when you have it in your hand, it is worth a try but it did not work for me. Be careful with the drink tray it has 2 small plastic gears and you would not want to loose them.
Good luck Dennis O there is no bad news
True, it took me about 30mins I have a service manual it was worth the $120.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Overlanding

Irish is right about the credit cards. Ours is a DII, but you pull out the ashtray and remove the push-in cupholder if yours has that. The power lock button pops out, but shove a credit card above and below the clock to disengage the clips. Comes right out then. The bulb was $7 at the dealer, but others have soldered in new ones. Do a search here, just about everyone has had the burned out clock light.