Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

height sensors

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default height sensors

Hello all.

I hear alot about height sensors, where are they located, what do they do?, if I need to purchase...where? and how hard to install.

Thanks for the info!!!

Ralph
1999 Disco II

www.ralphduke.com

Old 10-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: height sensors

Well the only person who knows that answer is Disco Mike. Sorry, but he wont clue the rest of us in.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Height sensors on Discovery II's are bolted to the frame and connected to the trailing arms using a linkage. They are basically a variable resistor, like a fuel level sending unit, that send a signal to the SLABS ecu which is compared against a set table of parameters used to determine the ride height of the rear of the vehicle as well as the amount of articulation. The SLABS ecu sees this value and fills/empties the rear air springs accordingly to keep the rear as level as possible. As far as purchasing new height sensors goes, you must go to the dealership unless other places like Atlantic British offer them. They are easy to remove/install. Disconnect electrical connector, disconnect linkage at the trailing arm, remove screws retaining sensor to the frame, remove sensor, reverse removal procedure to install. I am not sure if you need to have the system calibrated on these, but I'm pretty sure you do.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what makes you think you need sensors???

Old 10-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Spike, I am getting a little tired of your little side notes. If you don't like the way I take care of people, go elsewhere.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: jmrivera

what makes you think you need sensors???
I agree, why do you think you need to do something with them, do you have SLS?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Team Owner

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Spike, I am getting a little tired of your little side notes. If you don't like the way I take care of people, go elsewhere.
Nope, I am here to stay.

Old 10-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Team Owner

However, I think I made my point and I will now do my best to keep the remarks to myself and the other members of the forum that I chat with through e-mail.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Spike555

However, I think I made my point and I will now do my best to keep the remarks to myself and the other members of the forum that I chat with through e-mail.
It wasn't your point to make, it was my decision to help some off line, if I felt it would help them.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spike, I have called Mike for help with some issues. I found it very helpfull because you can get feed-back and exchange information quicker. He has lots of experience in Land Rover service, and a single phone call can answer several days worth of posting.(Most of us can not spendthe day sitting on the computer waiting for a reply.) I personally feel that it is upon the reciever of the information to add the info to a post. Mike likes some feed-back on what you found/did/didn't work with his help anyway and usually asks the reciever of his help to post the outcome/info for him and others to view.

As for the SLS issue: generally speaking, if you have a D2 with the 7 passenger option, you also have SLS (rear level sensors.)

Quick Reply: height sensors